Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Estate Sale Fun

I love Estate Sales!!! They are an avenue into someone's past with all the antiques, glassware, and fun finds. Recently, my mom and I went to one and I found some great baskets, small Easter eggs [my son Jackson is CRAZY over eggs, strange, I know], board games, a desk and the most charming lamp. My purchases totaled $22 and the lamp was only $1.50 of that total. Originally, the lamp was gold, rusty and had a terrible shade on it but I could see beyond that and know it had great potential. I decided to give it a nice shade of red and use it in my entryway for a splash of color. The shade it currently boasts is not its permanent shade--I'm working on a refurbish--but I couldn't resist placing it in its new home so I could enjoy it and its red glory! Pin It

No comments: