Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Gift of Time

Birthday gift to myself--the gift of more time. How does one accomplish such a task? Well, for me the first step is letting go of the long hair! I've had enough of the 2 1/2 hours needed to wash, blow dry and flat iron my hair each time I wash it (who has that kind of time, especially for hair)! So, I did a bit of research and decided to donate my hair to Locks of Love. One of the teachers at the boys daycare did this a few years ago and I thought it was the neatest thing. It requires a ponytail at least 10 inches long so it can be processed and turned into a wig. I admit, it took me a bit of time to make the appointment, but I'm so glad I did it! I've needed a change for sometime and with some twisting of my stylists arm (she loves long, curly hair because she doesn't have to fix it everyday), but I finally convinced her to put my hair into 2 ponytails and cut it off. It was liberating! I will work to get some better pics, but here it is. Happy Birthday to me!!

Pin It

No comments: