Friday, October 21, 2011

A Whole Lotta Pumpkin Goin' On


Yesterday, I was lucky enough to get to go with Macklin and his class to the Pumpkin Patch in Clanton, Alabama. I must admit that at first, I was not the most excited with this excursion. Don't get me wrong, I love the pumpkin patch and spending time with Macklin--he's a lot of fun. However, he is in a very clingy stage right now (our theme song is "Stuck Like Glue"--Sugarland) and I was sure that he would pitch a royal fit when it was time for me to say good-bye. Much to my surprise he was the best kid EVER! We had so much fun playing, running, looking at pumpkins, rolling in the hay, riding the covered wagon and we enjoyed a picnic lunch together. Isn't it great how just when you think you know your child, they surprise you; I'm so glad he did. I had an absolute BLAST and I have so many great pictures from our pumpkin patch trip that I had a hard time deciding which one's to use in this post--check out all the fun we had....
Macklin ran all over the place while waiting for his classmates.
 Macklin LOVED petting and feeding all the animals--especially the PIGS!!
Riding the pony was his FAVORITE activity of the day!
He loved all the beautiful pumpkins.

Enjoying our covered wagon ride down to the Pumpkin Patch!
 Taking in all the beautiful scenery!
 It was a fun, pumpkin filled day!!
Pin It

No comments: