Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Our Family Wall

Have I mentioned I'm a picture FREAK!!! I will take pictures of everything--I just can't help it. I always have my camera with me and Jackson's favorite thing to tell me right now is, "Mommy, no more pictures." With my picture obsession in full swing, I decided to make the most of my habit and turn it into a family wall in our study. I see these types of walls in magazines all the time and I always love them. Ray, on the other hand, was a bit skeptical and didn't know if it would look nice or cluttered. I eased his fears and decided to find some frames to bring my idea to life. My mom and dad go to this little country auction-house every Saturday night. It's a fun little place where you get to bid on a variety of items brought in by different vendors. I remember my grandpa taking me one time when I was young and he bought me a unicorn touch-lamp--I thought it was the best thing ever!! One night, one of the auction vendors had a tote full of odd sized picture frames. My mom remembered I was on a mission for picture frames so she got them for me at the bargain price of $4--SWEET! The next weekend she brought them to me and I could hardly wait to spruce them up and create my family wall. At first glance they didn't look so nice. While in good shape, they had odd colored mats and most were missing hardware. But a quick trip to the craft store, some spray paint (I know, I love some spray paint) and Ray's help with spacing made the family wall come alive! It makes me smile when I go in the room and see how our family has changed throughout the years. It has a calming effect on Macklin--each time he gets fussy we'll go to the family wall and talk to him about the pictures; who's in each one, what they are doing, where they are, etc. I really like how it turned out and I'm excited to see how it evolves in the future. Pin It

No comments: