Tuesday, April 26, 2011

DIY NO-SEW Pottery Barn Curtains

Like most of you, I drool when I get my monthly Pottery Barn catalog! I mean, they just have a way with comfortable, stylish design and although I do not purchase a lot of items (I do get a few items here and there), I love to find ways to imitate their style. Everyone knows that imitation is the hightst for of flattery, right?! Recently, I found this really cute blog, Swoon! This blog has tons of great ideas and I plan to add it to my blog roll for future reference. These savy bloggers provide step-by-step instructions on how to create a no-sew version of the popular Pottery Barn Drape Shade Curtain and I wanted to pass it on to you. You can check out the instructions below or visit Swoon's post here; you'll be so glad you did!

Supplies: (1) Measure your windows and purchase tension rods from Target or Walmart. (2) Purchase white "faux" linen fabric (this will be much cheaper than regular linen) and no sew seam tape with permanent hold. (3) For the ribbon ties you can pick up some white grosgrain ribbon from Target or Walmart. Instructions: (1) Cut your curtains. Use your window mearsurements and add two (2) inches to account for your hems. (2) Create your hems on the the sides and bottom of each curtain panel by placing your seam tape in between your layers of fabric and ironing with instructions on seam tape. (3) Create your pole pockets just like you created your hems--measure two (2) inches from the top, fold over and iron. (4) Hang your curtain panels in place. (5) Add your ribbon ties by placing the robbon over the top of the drape shade and tension rod. Determine how long you want your ties to be and make knots for that length. Voila! Pin It

No comments: