Thursday, March 24, 2011

Making "Fancy" Crayons

As I promised in this post, I'm gonna tell you how to make your own "fancy" crayons at home. Now, this is not my original idea--I found it on a local blog and tweaked it just a bit. We included a "fancy" crayon in both the boys birthday favors and I printed the modified instructions on Jackson's favor "thank-you" pins.
What You Need: Crayons, Scissors, Cookie Sheet, Bowl & Cookie Tin(s) in Your Preferred Shape(s)
1. Preheat oven to 175˚.
2. Cut crayons into pea sized bits.
3. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper, arrange
tin(s) on baking sheet and fill with crayon bits.
4. Place in oven and bake 15-30 minutes keeping an eye on them until they are melted.
5. Place in freezer for 2-5 minutes.
6. Remove from freezer and slide crayons out of tin(s).
7. Enjoy!
Pin It

No comments: