Sunday, March 20, 2011

Weekend Roundup

With two birthday's and two parties in the month of March, it gets quiet crazy at our house with all the planning, projects, and purchasing. Needless to say, I feel pretty good about our progress (thanks to my mom for keeping me on track)! We had a productive weekend and started our birthday celebrating a little early. Saturday morning, we took Jackson to Edgar's for a birthday breakfast with mommy & daddy. We told him he could order whatever he wanted so he opted for a shark cookie, bacon and orange juice. Doesn't sound appetizing to me but he was in heaven (and I wasn't fast enough to get a picture before he started eating his cookie)!
After birthday breakfast, we went grocery shopping and headed back home for some baking and a craft project. I discovered a fun project for recycling broken crayons and since we haven't put it to use yet, I thought it would be a nice item to include in the boys goody bags to give at their parties. I promise to share the full instructions in another post but here's the short version: 1. Peel and cut crayons into pea-size pieces [having a fuzzy headed, super-cute, smiley helper is an added bonus!] 2. Place tin cookie cutters of your choice on a baking sheet (line it with parchment paper first!) and fill with the crayon pieces. Bake at 175 for 15-30 minutes. 3. Let cool in freezer for 2-4 minutes, pop out and enjoy! We had fun making these crayons and the boys think they are awesome. As with any project, we made a few modifications to the instructions along the way which made it easier for us (parchment paper above is one of those modifications). Full instructions to follow soon, I promise! We got some really pretty strawberries at the grocery store and decided to make a strawberry cake. Check out how pretty it turned out. And, since I'm dieting so that hopefully I will feel comfortable at the beach in a swimsuit and not a mu-mu this year, I only had a very small piece! Here's to the start of a fabulously fun birthday week!
Pin It

No comments: