Wednesday, December 15, 2010

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

Sunday afternoon my mom and I finished decorating for Christmas. Typically, I put a little something Christmas in every room and last year we even had two Christmas trees. This year we opted to tone it down a notch and keep our decorating confined a bit--here's what we did....
On the front door we put a simple live wreath with a snowman plaque. Next to the front door I hung a wrought iron cross and I flanked the door with large red poinsettias (somehow, I didn't get a picture of those).

The Foyer/Entry Hallway got lots of Christmas touches and mini-trees.
The Christmas Tree is decorated with lots of silver, red and light green.

In the Dining Room, we added pre-lite garland and architectural trees to the top of the china cabinet. We used some beautiful white/gold poinsettias on top of a mirror as the centerpiece and added ornaments, garland and candles. As a final touch, we hung a red berry wreath from gold ribbon in front of the large wall mirror.

The Keeping Room got some mantle love with lots of lights and greenery. Ray told me this was my best mantle yet (WOW, thanks honey)! The trees are from our wedding reception and we spruced them up by adding garland, extra lights and wrapped the bases in foil wrapping paper. A berry wreath over the top of a star burst mirror added some cheer to another corner and a few more small Christmas touches were added to the TV cabinet.

The Master Bedroom and Bathroom got a little hint of Christmas too--I just couldn't resist!
Pin It

No comments: