Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Feel Like I'm Falling for Fall

Fall is a wonderful time of year. I am so excited that Fall is here and am hopeful that our weather is about to get cooler--I'm ready for sweaters and knee boots! I'm also ready to use all those beautiful Fall colors and accents in our home. With Fall decorating in mind, I gathered a few ideas to get help get those seasonal decorating juices flowing....
Painted Pinecones Aren't these pinecones AWESOME? A few weeks ago, I decided to change out the vase fillers in all my hurricanes and glass vases. Rather than buying new filler, I thought it would be neat to create my own filler for free. The boys helped me gather tons of pinecones and this project is on the agenda for Friday afternoon--I plan to paint (and glitter) them to add some seasonal decor to all my hurricanes and vases--very Fall! I think I'll throw in some acorns too!
Pinecone Trees
Painted Pinecone Wreath
What a great idea to re-purpose all my painted and glittered pinecones, don't you think? Just click on the photograph for step-by-step instructions for creating these cute trees. For the wreath, just purchase a wreath form at your local craft store (or make your own with sturdy wire), pull out the glue gun and some ribbon and you'll have a gorgeous, hand-made wreath for your door in no time!
Harvest Barn Party
One thing I have always wanted to do is host a barn party! I'm not exactly sure why, I just think it would be extremely fun and a wonderful way to welcome Fall. Anyone have a barn they want to share with me? I promise to clean up when the party is over!
"Wordy" Candles
You can use this great idea or you could use your initial to accent some Fall scented candles. I like to create my own "C" template with a cool font. Print, cut out the letter and tape the template down onto your candle. Use a sponge brush to paint inside the letter and you will instantly have a beautiful, personalized item to add to your holiday display!
Initial Pumpkins
I use this idea every Halloween--it's simple and one of my favorites. I think this year I'll use both capital and small letters in several fonts. Did you know that pumpkins last longer with all their "insides" removed? Grab the how-to here.
Styled Fall Bookshelf
Festive Halloween Party Table Display
I LOVE these Wood Carved Pumpkins and plan to order some to add to my Halloween collection. The great thing about these is that they'd be great for Thanksgiving too! Just add a cornucopia, some Fall leaves and candles. If you love these as much as I do, order some from here.
Wrapped Hurricanes
Check out this easy idea for wrapping hurricanes for a wonderful Thanksgiving display courtesy of Martha Stewart. Don't y'all just love her? Welcome Fall into your home with some of these crafty projects--you'll be glad you did!
Pin It

No comments: