Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Fall Decorating

In my book, "F" stands for "Finished" and yes, I finally finished my fall decorating! Friday afternoon I was on a mission to be done, especially since we were having guests over to watch the game on Saturday. Although I normally do a lot more, I am happy with the result. Little, subtle touches that remind me that fall is here (even though our temperature is still in the 90's! Here's what I did.... Our "spooky" mantel. I added some architectural trees, glass pumpkins, stem thistle and black crows to give the mantel a bit of that fall touch. On the hearth, I placed some white pumpkins, a pre-light grapevine pumpkin and a jar of fall foliage for some added fall color. In the entry hall, I added our Halloween candy bowl, a bat bowl and a light-up, ceramic pumpkin my mom made for me when I was young next too our family photo shelf. On our small cabinet at the bottom of the staircase, I added a "Boo Y'all" tea towel and a few small pumpkins. You've seen these pumpkins before but I had to share again! I LOVE them!! Here I just added a little more vase filler, some faux leaves, and some small orange pumpkins. I added a pumpkin face sign and small luminaries to the staircase....and outside, I dressed up the entryway with some white pumpkins, a red mum, some vase filler and my beloved pumpkin chiminea. Here' s a closer look.... I hand-painted "Boo" on this white pumpkin and nestled it in a grapevine wreath. Here I just added some pumpkin vase filler and a smaller grapevine wreath. Happy Fall Y'all! Pin It

No comments: