Friday, November 19, 2010

Show Us Your Life--Bonus Rooms

Today at Kelly's Korner it's "Show Us Your Life--Play Rooms, Bonus Rooms & Laundry Rooms" so I linked up my Craft Room. Since this space didn't exist when we bought the house, I thought I'd share with you how it came to be.
When we purchased the house, this room was our unfinished bonus room. We could have paid the builder a bunch of money to finish it out but we didn't have a bunch of money! Instead, we opted to do it ourselves after we moved in. My handy husband came up with the idea to divide the large room into two separate spaces with a closet. He decided to use pocket doors so we wouldn't loose any floor space with traditional swinging doors. I admit, I was somewhat skeptical at first but now I absolutely love the space--you've seen it finished here. Our home is now a five bedroom house with a media room and yes, it's way too much space to "try" to keep clean with two active toddlers! Check out the before pictures below. If you're looking for some inspiration for your "bonus" rooms, visit Kelly here to see all the posts for SUYL Friday!
Unfinished Craft Room
Pin It

No comments: